Technology in orthodontic practice was a key component of this year’s AAO Meeting in Washington, D.C. I have returned from that meeting even more excited about the ongoing advances in technology and it’s growing capacity to help us succeed in the business of orthodontics! Three of the lectures I attended that I felt excelled in this area were:
- Supercharged Technology Update by Dr. Aaron Molen
- Becoming a Digital Orthodontist: Top 10 Social Media and Digital Marketing Tips by Dr. Kyle Fagala
- Improving Practice Efficiency: There’s an App for That! by Dr. Matt Larson
For orthodontists of a certain vintage, myself included, the application of technology to orthodontic practice was just emerging as we opened our practices… now it is everywhere, both in our practices and our everyday lives, with the greatest growth potential existing in mobile technology. I can’t think of anyone above the age of 10 or 11 who doesn’t have a smartphone, which would include the vast majority of our patients and their parents.
Research has shown that
- In 2008, the average time American adults spent with digital media was 2.7 hours and by 2016, it had risen to over 5.6 hours per day.
- In 2013, due to increased access to smartphones, tablets, and laptops, time spent with digital media had already surpassed time spent watching TV.
- YouTube, with over a billion active users, reports that it reaches more 18-49 year olds than any cable network in the US.
How should we look to incorporate
mobile technology into our orthodontic practices?
What can it do for us?
Why is it important?
Docs With Apps has the answers! The best way to make technology work for you is with a Custom Compliance App built specifically for your practice. Your app will take your brand directly to your patients where they live… on their phones. By using your app to build a Compliance Program within your practice you are providing your patients with additional support while they are forming the elastic wear habit. By improving their compliance, you are shortening treatment times, increasing productivity and, therefore, profitability. That’s a win for everyone!
Call 203-533-1316 with any pre-sales questions 🙂